Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Off to Maine!

I'm taking a brief but genuine vacation this week. I'll be meeting my husband in Maine when his current business trip ends. I have close family up there, so it's a great excuse for me to see more of this wonderful state. I've only been there twice, and fairly briefly. Our chickens will be tended during our absence by a friend who also has hens. So I'll be taking care of her girls later this month when she goes away. It's a chicken-sitting barter arrangement. I've picked the tomato plants as clean as I can, so not too much should go to waste while I'm gone. We have a few special plans for our four-day Maine getaway, some of which I hope to share here when I return early next week. Lobster rolls, here I come!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey! Hope you're having fun in Maine ... it's a great place for "vacation." I mean, they do call it "Vacationland", afterall :). I loved it so much the one time I vacactioned here, that I eventually moved here ;).

Kate said...

Hi Wendy! We did have a good time visiting your state, and some of my relatives. We've eaten our lobster quota for the year, and had ourselves some nice little adventures. Might be a post or two about those.

Anonymous said...

Wish I'd known you were coming, I'd have baked a cake! Hope you had a great time.

Kate said...

How sweet! I love cake. I had a great time in Maine. It's a beautiful state. Thanks for stopping by!